Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish

The full video of Steve Jobs' now famous commencement address to students at Stanford.



This has been a truly inspirational speech for me, sort of a go-getter message that I refer to whenever the chips are down. Some ideas expressed by Steve in this speech are simply outstanding and definitely practical albeit in a raw form. The crux of this awe inspiring speech

  • Listen to your heart
  • Chase your dreams
  • Don't live someone else's life (because your time is running out)
  • Define your own success
  • Stay hungry for more
  • Stay foolish to fallacy and a heavy head

I wish I had the guts that Steve Jobs had, to just let go and follow my dreams. I hope I can chuck off run-of-the-mill jobs and go join a startup with a fresh perspective, work my @$$ off, get noticed and satisfy my karma (duty). I hope that day is not far off.